The Uptown Car Cleaning Experience
We are full-service car detailers and a touchless car wash, locally & family owned since 1988. We keep the exterior and interior of your car looking great.
Why Use Us
Full express & detail
Cleaner car in less
Award winning local
Why choose Uptown for
your car cleaning service?
Operating in San Diego for more than 30 years, Uptown Carwash is a locally & family-owned business that takes pride in providing exceptional quality car cleaning services. Every make and model, as well as every type of interior material, has been maintained and cared for by us and you’d be amazed at the difference our service makes. It’s essential for keeping your enjoyment level exceptionally high.
For both our car wash and car detailing services, we go the extra mile to keep your car looking great. In our dual-wash process, our detailers hand spray and wipe down the exterior body of the car, paying painstaking attention to every detail from the rims to the door handles. Hand-washing is then combined with our state-of-the-art drive through touchless car wash machine, the latest in car-washing technology.
In the drive through wash, environmentally friendly and non-caustic chemicals are used to remove tough debris while protecting your vehicle's paint. Triple foam polish is then applied, giving your car a beautiful glossy shine in addition to a protective shield against the elements. Our touchless car wash is also capable of underbody cleaning, applying your chosen sealant, as well as applying Ceramic Protectant, the latest in paint protection. We use a dual-drying process that combines two high-power contactless blowers with a manual hand-dry to ensure your care is spot-free.
If you've chosen our interior car cleaning service, your seats, carpets and mats, dashboard, cup-holders, rear cargo area, and trunk are vacuumed to clean debris.
In our car detail services, high-quality leather cleaner and natural soaps are used to clean any leather upholstery. Additionally, we offer seat and carpet shampooing services, as well as clay bar treatments.
Work with a team who’s always grateful for the opportunity to care for your vehicles. We guarantee we’ll exceed your expectations.
Experience the premier car detailing San Diego service today!
Get the Uptown AppDownload our mobile app and unlock:
- Access to the Uptown Wash Club, the most cost effective way to keep your vehicle clean.
- Earn Loyalty Reward Points for every purchase. Redeem points for free car washes or car detailing services.
- No contact payment and check-in for monthly carwash subscriptions and single carwash purchases.
- Play Uptown Surfin' Saga while you wait and see how you compare to other players on our leaderboard.
- Earn FREE car washes through our referral rewards program! Introduce a friend to Uptown to take part. You'll receive your credit when they enter your referral code in-app and make their first purchase.
OUR CAR CLEANING SERVICES
State-of-the-art touchless car wash installed in 2020. In our dual-wash and dry process, hand-washing is combined with our state-of-the-art drive through touchless car wash machine. We only use non-caustic, environmentally friendly soaps and cleaners.GET DIRECTIONS
Professional auto detailing services. Our experienced detailers wash, shampoo, wax, and polish your car or truck using professional-grade equipment. We've detailed very make and model, as well as every type of interior material.GET DIRECTIONS
Auto Detailing Clay Bar is an engineered resin compound used to remove contaminants from the surface of your car's paint, glass, fiberglass and metal. Clay bar detailing bring out the full shine and slickness potential in your car's paint.GET DIRECTIONS
Professional car upholstery cleaning services to keep the interior of your vehicle looking great. High-quality leather cleaner and natural soaps are used to clean any leather upholstery.GET DIRECTIONS
Car vacuuming services that get the interior of your car back in tip-top shape. Forget the trip to the gas station or self-service car wash and let our team do the work.GET DIRECTIONS
Deep clean upholstery without leaving a harsh chemical residue on the fabric. We also offer shampooing services for carpets and matsGET DIRECTIONS
Sign Up & Save!
Join our monthly wash club program.
The Uptown Wash Club is the most cost-effective and efficient way to keep your vehicle looking great. Start saving your way to a cleaner car and keep your vehicle protected for as little as $0.96 per day! Use your pass up to once a day!Subscribe & Save
Take Care Of Your Car
Taking care of your car properly is a challenge. We live in a city with great weather, but the heat, sand and surf, trips to the mountains and city living all take a toll on our cars. Here are articles to minimize the wear and tear on your car. When all else fails, we are here to help!
1. Check and/or change your air filter every 6 months to improve fuel economy and keep your engine running smoothly.
2. Don’t top off. Don’t bother topping off when filling your car’s gas tank. Any additional gas is just going to slop around or seep out.
3. Keep your gas cap fastened and secured tightly. If left loose, gas will evaporate from the gas tank on your vehicle. Loose, missing or damaged gas caps cause approximately 147 million gallons of gasoline to evaporate into the atmosphere each year.
4. Go for the shade. The hot summer sun that makes the inside of your car feel like a sauna also evaporates fuel from your gas tank.
5. Use the right oil. You can improve your car’s gas mileage by 1 percent to 2 percent by using the manufacturer’s recommended grade of motor oil.
1. Avoid excessive heat where the rubber meets the road.
2. Driving on under-inflated tires not only affects the handling and braking of a vehicle, it can also cause tires to overheat and increase the likelihood of a blowout. This problem becomes even more of a concern when road temperatures are extremely high.
3. More than half the vehicles on the road were found to have at least one under-inflated tire, according to the Rubber Manufacturers Association. It’s also been reported that 85 percent of motorists do not know how to properly inflate their tires.
4. Tires should be checked when a car has not been driven, and they should be inflated to the pressure recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, not the number molded into the tire sidewall. Manufacturer recommended tire pressures can be found on a sticker normally located on the driver’s door jamb, inside the glove-box, or inside the fuel filler flap. If the tires on your vehicle are not the tires originally provided with the vehicle, please contact the current tire manufacturer for the recommended tire pressure. Some vehicles use different pressures for the front and rear tires.
People love the beach, your car…not so much. The salty residue can erode the finish on your car and if neglected for long periods of time, can contribute to rust damage. Polish Wax is the key to keeping your car shiny and safe. (your services – liquid polish 3-4 weeks, service – spray on wax after each wash)
Awards & Achievements
Monday-Sat 8am to 5pm
Sunday 9am to 5pm